Friday, January 7, 2011

Rabbit sketches



[source]
What's cooking in the eleventh monkey factory? Well, in Japan 2011 is the year of the rabbit, and we've only just started this new year, so I thought I'd try creating a rabbit.
So I googled rabbit and let hundreds of cute bunnies pictures inspire me. I spent a while sketching real-life rabbits and changing them into eleventh monkey style designs with two different sizes of buttons eyes. I haven't decided on a definite design yet but I've figured out a few key features of the rabbit.
The rest of the design process happens when I'm cutting out felt shapes and piecing them together. And for the first time I'm going to use a sewing machine. I have no idea what will happen or what it will look like, and I'm not even sure how to use the machine... So check back soon to see more of that adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment